Sunday, July 14, 2013

TASTE OF CHICAGO


A trip to visit Prairie and Luis found me on an hour train ride, a 30 minute walk and a stroll into Grant Park for A Taste of Chicago ... and the spinning of my head began. Sometimes to many choices isn't a good thing but I was determined to rise to the occasion. Prairie and I started off with a cob of corn and then Luis stated, "You should be trying things you've never had before." Hmmm ... he's right. Next "taste", watermelon-mint-cucumber-feta cheese salad. How's that for stepping out of my comfort zone? Up next, mustard fried catfish. Time to wash those "tastes" down with a Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat beer. I then slipped back into my old ways and had a pulled pork slider with cilantro and a Bud Light. I didn't stay in my comfort zone to long as we listened to the free FUN concert in the park. Although I was only familiar with 2 songs from this band, I enjoyed the summertime atmosphere and the people watching. It was a wonderful day spent with great company. Thanks kids for letting me share your day off.  Oh yeah ... with a unanimous vote our favorite "taste" of the day was a gingersnap s'more. Next campfire these will be on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment