Sunday, November 10, 2013

FAVORITE THING(S)


What is your favorite thing? Besides the obvious of family, friends a cold beer or a good Bloody Mary. Is it shopping, hunting, reading or is it something more like a worn out sweatshirt, comfy shoes or like me, a camera? I have many favorite things but much of them involve my camera. If it's something I love, it's getting photographed. The ever learning process in the art of photography is training my eye to pay attention to details and to notice things I never had before. Therefore, I've added many favorite things to my list. Yet it still boils down to my camera that brought me new favorites so it remains at the top of my list. My camera is with me on vacation, when I go for a walk, when I'm cooking, when I'm filling the birdfeeder, when I go to the mailbox ... I think you get the picture. Then there are the times I don't have my camera and I wish I did. Whenever I have my camera, I am not alone.

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. ~Ansel Adams~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment